Heart Warming Beef Masala Curry
Beef Masala Curry combines fragrant spices with lovely tender beef, uses only an instant pot, and is ready in 30 minutes! This traditional curry is sure to satisfy your tastebuds and give your an authentic Indian gastronomy experience.
- Instant Pot
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 White Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 kg Lean Stewing Beef (Cubbed or Cut in Stripes)
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Zest of a Lemon
- 350 g Baby Potatoes (Washed)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Coriander
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Hot Curry
- Coriander / Parsley (Garnishing)
- Place the Pressure Cooker on Medium Heat.
- Add half of the Oil and brown the Meat on all sides, sauteing in batches, set the braised meat aside.1 tbsp Olive Oil, 1 kg Lean Stewing Beef
- Add Oil, Chopped Onions, Garlic, Spices, Salt, and Pepper in the same pot, cook until onions become soft and golden, for about 3 minutes. Then stir in the Tomato paste and bring to a boil. Add Lemon Zest.1 White Onion, 3 Cloves Garlic, 3 tbsp Tomato Paste, 2 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper, 1 tsp Turmeric, 1 tbsp Garam Masala, ½ tsp Cumin, ½ tsp Coriander, ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper, ½ tsp Smoked Paprika, 1 tsp Hot Curry
- Return the Meat to this mixture, add the Potatoes.350 g Baby Potatoes
- Now add the 2 cups of Beef Stock.2 cups Beef Stock
- Cover with the lid and cook for 30 minutes on high pressure.
- *Serve this incredibly tender and flavourful Beef Masala Curry with Steamed Rice and chopped Cilantro and Lemon Zest.Zest of a Lemon, Coriander / Parsley
This Beef Masala Curry also includes Turmeric, which not only adds a lovely yellowy orange colour, but many medicinal properties too! It has been used in India for thousands of years as not only a spice, but as a medicine too. Its main active ingredient is curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties and can aid in digestion, and help reduce or even stop the growth of cancer cells in the body.
Buy all the ingredients you need for this recipe by adding products below.
Please leave us a review for the recipe tried or any comments below for improvements.
Get 5% off voucher code by clicking on on link here.
Natco Ground Black Pepper 100g/400g/1kg£1.50 – £6.99
Halal Beef Leg Boneless 1kg£8.99
Natco Olive Oil EXTRA VIRGIN 500ml£2.50
Dunn’s River Hot Curry Powder 100g£1.00
Radhuni Garam Masala Powder 100g£1.69
Natco Paprika Powder 100g/400g£0.99 – £2.25
Fresh Turmeric/Haldi£1.99 – £6.99
Baby Potatoes 600g£1.25
White Onions 1kg£1.69
Fresh Garlic 1kg£4.99