Katol Bisi / Jackfruit Seed Curry
- 2 tbps Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Finely Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Diced
- 1 tps Fresh Grated Ginger
- ¾ cup Water
- 2 tbps Tomato Paste
- 3 tbps Coconut Milk
- 1 tbps Garam Masala
- 1½ cup Jackfruit Seed
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- Place the jackfruit seeds in a pan, add enough water into the pan to cover the jackfruit seeds.1½ cup Jackfruit Seed
- Place the pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Let the jackfruit seeds cool, and when they are cool enough to handle, pat them dry and slowly peel off the outer white covering. Peeling the seeds is a bit tedious, but, worth it.
- Then, add the olive oil to a pan and add the onion to it. Let onion saute for about 10 minutes, stirring often.2 tbps Olive Oil, 1 Onion
- Add in the garlic, ginger, peeled jackfruit seeds, water, tomato paste, and garam masala and mix well and let simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, over medium / low heat.2 Cloves Garlic, 1 tps Fresh Grated Ginger, ¾ cup Water, 2 tbps Tomato Paste, 1 tbps Garam Masala
- Then add in the coconut milk and spinach, and gently stir until spinach is wilted.3 tbps Coconut Milk, 1 cup Fresh Spinach
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from the stovetop.Salt & Pepper
- Enjoy this Jackfruit Seed Curry with rice, naan, chapati or some roti.
Buy all the ingredients you need for our Katol Bisi / Jackfruit Seed recipe by adding products below.
Please leave us a review for the recipe tried or any comments below for improvements.
Get 5% off voucher code by clicking on on link here.