How to make Authentic Chicken Karahi Curry
You'll definitely end up impressing your friends and family with this delicious authentic Chicken Karahi Curry recipe! It's so simple to make and tastes completely authentic!
- 500 g Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 kg Chopped Tomato (No need to peel)
- 1 Medium Red Onion (Finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1 tbsp Coriander (Finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp White Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 Green Chilli
- Dash of Lemon Juice
- Cut chicken breasts into chunks.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes without removing the skin and mince garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until they start to turn golden.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook for one minute while constantly stirring.
- Add the chicken to the pan and sauté (until the chicken has turned white).
- Add all the spices (red chili powder, garam masala, white cumin and turmeric) and cook for 30 seconds while constantly stirring.
- Immediately add ½ cup water to the pan to prevent the spices from burning and follow it with the chopped tomatoes.
- Leave to cook on medium to low heat for approximately 20 to 30 minutes or until the tomatoes have completely dissolved.
- Add more water and cook for 5 minutes longer if the chicken isn't tender yet. All the spices will infuse into the chicken and by the time it's tender they'll be infused into the chicken – yum!
- Taste and adjust spices. Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with green chilis and coriander before serving as well as a dash of lemon juice.
You can use garlic and ginger paste instead of minced ginger and garlic. Add a little water and cook for 5 to 10 minutes longer if tomatoes haven’t dissolved completely before taking off the stove.
To Purchase all ingredients. Please visit our shopping page by Click Here or click the products below.