Hilsa Maas [Fish] Curry Recipe
Craving a spicy fish curry? Give this easy Online Hilsa Fish Curry recipe a try!In case you love Bengali fish curries, then you have to give this easy Hilsa Curry recipe a try. Also known as Ilish Machher Jhol in Bengal, this Hilsa curry recipe will give you the authentic taste you are looking for. So if you want to enjoy a delicious meal, make this Ilish Maccher Jhol recipe and serve with some hot steamed rice. Hilsa fish forms an important part of Bengali cuisine.
- 250g Hilsha Fish (Maas)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Cumin Seeds
- 1 Pinches Salt
- 1/4 Cup Mustard Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 Cup Water
- Slice the fishTo make this delicious curry, wash the fish and slice it into pieces.
- Marinate the fish piecesOnce done, marinate the pieces using salt and turmeric. Keep it aside for some time.
- Shallow fry the marinated fishesThen, heat some oil in the pan and shallow fry the marinated fish pieces until they turn golden.
- Saute cumin seeds & slit green chilliesIn another pan, heat the remaining oil, and add the cumin seeds. Silt the green chillies and add to the oil. Keep stirring.
- Add the fried fish, boiled water, salt & turmericAdd the fried fish pieces to the oil, then pour in the boiled water. Now, add the salt and turmeric powder as per your taste. Bring it to a boil and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Serve Hilsa CurryServe your Bengali fish curry hot with steamed rice.
You can also prepare a paste of poppy seeds to make the curry if you prefer a thicker consistency. Alternatively, you can use the paste or powder of toasted mustard seeds for the gravy. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and slit green chillies.