Rohu Whole Fish. Fish Available to Buy Online. Fish Bazar Online
Rohu fish is a member of the carp family, the rohu (or rui) is popularly found in the rivers of northern and central India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar and Pakistan.
*Browse our Fish Market Online and order now your grocery for Free Next Day Delivery. Free Delivery and Same Day Delivery options available.
Visiting your local village Fish Bazaar
The freshness in our frozen Rohu Whole Fish is well kept in their unique way of being caught and instantly frozen to maintain all the freshness. This particular Rohu Whole Fish Myanmar was caught in the Myanmar. Medium sized with beautiful silver lining. For Rohu Whole Fish from Bangladesh Origin Please call 0161 637 0200 as we have limited stock in stores.
Health Benefits: Rich in Omega-3’s, Vitamins & Minerals
Packed full of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins such as D and B2 which is great for your eye health and beneficial for those suffering with dry eye issues. Omega-3 is also important for the health of one’s brain and heart.
Rohu Whole Fish Myanmar we source are not farmed. The benefits of that of course are the richness of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals as compared to farmed fish which lack these beneficial nutrients; more readily available in supermarket frozen aisle.
Great source of protein for your daily diet and delicious alternative to other protein sources.
Our specialised fish cutters will meet all your cutting requirement. Please select from the cutting options tool which was designed based on over 30yrs of experience of cutting frozen whole fish in our stores. Should you require further assistance or would like to specify other cuts we are one call away to make sure we deliver your order to exactly how you prefer.
Please note images on website are for illustration purpose. We have endeavoured to taking our own photography of products that are sold on our website.
Suitable for home freezing. Ideally freeze as soon as possible after you receive your next day delivery. Not suitable for cooking from frozen. Defrost thoroughly for a minimum of 12 hours in the fridge. Once defrosted use it shortly after. Keep refrigerated.
Tray. Recycle Film. Don’t Recycle
Rohu Fish Net Weight
Spicy Rohu Fish Curry
- 6 pieces- Rui/Rohu Fish
- 2- Onion medium-sized (peel and cut into halves lengthwise)
- 1- Tomato large (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp- Ginger-garlic paste
- 2- Dry red chilli (halved)
- 1- Bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp- Sugar
- 1 tbsp- Kashmiri mirch powder/Red chilli powder
- 5-6- Green Chilies (adjust according to your tolerance)
- 10-12- Raisins
- Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp- Cumin powder
- 1 tsp- Coriander powder
- 4- Green cardamom (lightly crushed)
- 3-4- Cloves
- 1” (two pieces)- Cinnamon
- ½ cup- Mustard oil
- ¼ tsp- Garam masala powder
- Rub 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp of turmeric powder on the freshly washed pieces of Rui/Rohu, keep aside.
- In a food processor add onion, green chilies, and tomato, blitz until smooth paste forms keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai/deep frying pan and fry the fish pieces until golden crisp. Remove and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil (5-6 tsp oil should be there in the kadai, otherwise add some more oil) temper with dry red chilli, bay leaf, green cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Next to add the onion-chilli-tomato paste. Mix and stir for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, ½ tsp of turmeric powder, coriander powder, kashmiri mirch powder, and salt. Mix well and fry till the oil separates from the masala (2-3 minutes approximately). Add 1 cup of water. Mix and give this a quick boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat. Add the fish pieces, Mix well with the curry. Keep the cover little open; this is to allow the steam to escape and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until the raw smell of masala goes.
- Add sugar, garam masala powder, and raisins, mix gently. Cook for another 2-3 minutes more. Your spicy and delicious Rui Mach er Kalia is done.
- Serve hot with steamed rice, enjoy!
Courtesy of recipes notoutofthebox
|*Select Weight To View Prices|
|*Select Option to View Prices|