Shoal Myanmar 1-1.5kg Fish Available to Buy Online. Fish Bazar Online
Shol fish or is a freshwater fish. This fish found all over the south Asian countries. They are available in pond, plunge, canal, swamp, marsh, paddy field and almost all types of water
*Browse our Fish Market Online and order now your grocery for Free Next Day Delivery. Free Delivery and Same Day Delivery options available.
Visiting your local village Fish Bazaar
Imagine walking through the hustling fish market in a small village of Bangladesh and the noise of market stall men battering with fish lovers to drop a further penny for a whole seawater or river fish caught just moments ago.
The freshness in our frozen Shoal Myanmar is well kept in their unique way of being caught and instantly frozen to maintain all the freshness at sea. This particular Shoal Myanmar was caught in the Myanmar seas. Medium sized with beautiful silver lining.
Health Benefits: Rich in Omega-3’s, Vitamins & Minerals
Packed full of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins such as D and B2 which is great for your eye health and beneficial for those suffering with dry eye issues. Omega-3 is also important for the health of one’s brain and heart.
Shoal Myanmar we source are not farmed. The benefits of that of course are the richness of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals as compared to farmed fish which lack these beneficial nutrients; more readily available in supermarket frozen aisle.
Great source of protein for your daily diet and delicious alternative to other protein sources.
Our specialised fish cutters will meet all your cutting requirement. Please select from the cutting options tool which was designed based on over 30yrs of experience of cutting frozen whole fish in our stores. Should you require further assistance or would like to specify other cuts we are one call away to make sure we deliver your order to exactly how you prefer.
Please note images on website are for illustration purpose. We have endeavoured to taking our own photography of products that are sold on our website.
Suitable for home freezing. Ideally freeze as soon as possible after you receive your next day delivery. Not suitable for cooking from frozen. Defrost thoroughly for a minimum of 12 hours in the fridge. Once defrosted use it shortly after. Keep refrigerated.
Tray. Recycle Film. Don’t Recycle
Spicy Shoal Fish Murrel Curry
- Spicy Shoal Fish Murrel Curry
- Shol Fish or Snake Head Murrel – 10 pieces
- Potato – 2 (medium – cut into 4 pieces each)
- Green Peas – A handful (Optional)
- Onion Paste – ½ cup
- Garlic Paste – 1 ½ tsps
- Ginger Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Tomato – 1 (Large – finely chopped)
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chillie Powder – ¾ tsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Bay Leaves – 2
- Green Chilli – 2 to 3
- Turmeric Powder – 1 ½ tsps
- Salt – To taste
- Mustard Oil – ¾ cup
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – For garnishing
- Marinate the fish pieces with some turmeric powder and salt for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai or wok and shallow fry the fish pieces until golden. Keep aside.
- Now fry the potatoes, let them turn golden brown, remove and keep aside.
- If required add 2-3 tsp of oil in kadai and temper the oil with cumin seeds, bay leaf.
- Add the onion paste and sauté until light brown in color.
- Now add the garlic paste, mix and stir for few seconds. Add chopped tomatoes, green chilies, ginger paste.
- When oil starts separating from the sides add salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chillie powder and ½ tsp of turmeric powder. Mix and sauté this on medium flame until the masala starts leaving oil.
- Now add 2 cup of water. Mix and let it come to boil. Add fried potatoes, cover and cook till the potatoes are almost done.
- Now add fried fish pieces and garam masala powder. Cover and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaf. Delicious ‘Shol Macher Kalia’ is ready to be served with steamed rice.
Courtesy of recipes foodfoodonlyfood