Katla Whole Fish Myanmar Fresh Fish Available to Buy Online. Fish Bazar Online
Katla fish is enriched with proteins and vitamins. It is low in calories and a healthy option for weight watchers. Have it in traditional curry form and you are going to love it!
*Browse our Fish Market Online and order now your grocery for Free Next Day Delivery. Free Delivery and Same Day Delivery options available.
Visiting your local village Fish Bazaar
Imagine walking through the hustling fish market in a small village of Bangladesh and the noise of market stall men battering with fish lovers to drop a further penny for a whole seawater or river fish caught just moments ago.
The freshness in our frozen Katla Whole Fish Myanmar fish is well kept in their unique way of being caught and instantly frozen to maintain all the freshness at sea. This particular Katla Whole Fish Myanmar was caught in the Myanmar seas. Medium sized with beautiful silver lining.
Health Benefits: Rich in Omega-3’s, Vitamins & Minerals
Packed full of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins such as D and B2 which is great for your eye health and beneficial for those suffering with dry eye issues. Omega-3 is also important for the health of one’s brain and heart.
Katla Whole Fish Myanmar we source are not farmed. The benefits of that of course are the richness of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals as compared to farmed fish which lack these beneficial nutrients; more readily available in supermarket frozen aisle.
Great source of protein for your daily diet and delicious alternative to other protein sources.
Our specialised fish cutters will meet all your cutting requirement. Please select from the cutting options tool which was designed based on over 30yrs of experience of cutting frozen whole fish in our stores. Should you require further assistance or would like to specify other cuts we are one call away to make sure we deliver your order to exactly how you prefer.
Please note images on website are for illustration purpose. We have endeavoured to taking our own photography of products that are sold on our website.
Suitable for home freezing. Ideally freeze as soon as possible after you receive your next day delivery. Not suitable for cooking from frozen. Defrost thoroughly for a minimum of 12 hours in the fridge. Once defrosted use it shortly after. Keep refrigerated.
Tray. Recycle Film. Don’t Recycle
- 1 Kg fish steaks
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup refined oil
- 5-6 Bedaki (whole red) chillies
- 1 Ginger
- 7 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 Bay leaf
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Green chillies
- 100 ml water
- 1 cup curd
- Sea salt
- In a bowl of fish, add a tsp of red chilly powder, 1 tsp of turmeric powder, rock salt, 1 tbsp of refined oil. Gently massage the fish and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat 4 tbsp of mustard oil. Add 5 – 6 bedaki chillies, 1 chopped ginger, 6 – 7 garlic cloves, 1 tsp of coriander seeds, 1 tsp of cumin seeds and mix well for 2 min.
- Put this masala in a mortar and pestle and grind it to a coarse paste.
- In another pan, heat 5 tbsp of mustard oil and pan fry the fish till it becomes opaque/brown in color. Take out the fish and keep it aside.
- In another pan, add the hot fish flavored mustard oil. Put 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon tick, 1 cup of finely chopped onions and mix it well.
- Add 3 slit green chilies and mix well.
- Add the coarse spices into this aromatics mixture and keep stirring. Then add a tsp of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of red chillies, ½ tsp of sea salt and keep on sauteing it till it becomes red chilly in color.
- Put water if necessary to combine all spices till the oil separates.
- When the oil has separated, add a cup of whipped curd and mix it well for 5 – 10 minutes. Add water and bring it to boil.
- Add sugar and a dash of lime juice to balance the flavor. With the help of a whisker, whisk the masala.
- Put the poached fish in this gravy along with the resting juices of the fish.
- Cover the lid and let it simmer for 5 – 7 min, till the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Courtesy of recipes food.ndtv
|*Select Weight To View Prices|
|*Select Option to View Prices|