Our Fresh Halal Beef Mixed with Bone 5kg is ideal for cooking hot and hearty meals such as Indian or Malaysian curries, this beef should be cooked slowly for full flavour release and a melt in the mouth texture.
*Browse our Halal Meat Online and order now your grocery for Free Next Day Delivery. Free Delivery and Same Day Delivery options available.
- 100% Fresh Beef
- Vacuum Sealed
- Suitable for freezing
Nutritional Info (100g)
- Cals: 129 kcal
- Carbs: 0 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Fat: 4 g
Suitable for home freezing. Ideally freeze as soon as possible after you receive your next day delivery. Not suitable for cooking from frozen. Defrost thoroughly for a minimum of 12 hours in the fridge. Once defrosted use it shortly after. Keep refrigerated.
Tray. Recycle Film. Don’t Recycle
Enjoy the unbeatable freshness of HMC halal meat in the UK along with the convenience of online shopping?
All of the listed meats on our online shop are حلال HMC Halal Certified.
At eFoodsDirect we only handle halal products. Slaughtering of animals and their welfare are both of primary concern to us. The following halal policy is applied:
- All animals are to be alive & healthy prior to slaughter
- The slaughtering is to be carried out by the hand of a Muslim with a swift incision to the throat with minimal suffering while reciting the Tasmiyah
- All blood is completely drained out of the animal
- The Holy Quran teaches that all animals should be treated with respect and well cared for
- 4 lbs 2″-thick beef short ribs
- 4 tbsp Malaysian Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Coconut Curry Sauce
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 lemon grass stalks end trimmed and chopped
- 2 red Fresno chiles or jalapeños, seeds removed
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger paste (See Note 1)
- 2 13.5- oz. cans coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Malaysian Curry Powder (See Note 2)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves for garnish
- Fresh limes for serving sliced
- Rub Malaysian Curry Powder spice blend on all sides of each short rib, pressing to adhere. Allow to rest for 1 hour or overnight covered and refrigerated.
- In a food processor or blender add garlic, lemon grass, chiles, shallot and ginger and purée until broken down and chopped well. Add curry powder and coconut milk. Process for 1-2 minutes, it will not be completely smooth.
- Allow short ribs to come to room temperature. In a large Dutch oven add the oil and brown short ribs on all sides.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Pour coconut curry sauce over browned short ribs and cover. Bake for 3 hours. After 1 hour check to see that liquid level is at least half way up on short ribs and add water if needed. Spoon sauce over short ribs, cover and continue braising.
- If using bone in short ribs, remove bone and discard. Serve beef short ribs over steamed rice and top with cilantro and lime slices.
Courtesy of Kevin is Cooking