Aaron’s Fresh is our own brand of Fresh Certified Halal Meat & Poultry that’s proud to offer the finest cuts of halal meat, perfectly tailored to your individual recipes & cuisines.
On the way to become the most trusted Halal Meat & Poultry brand in the UK. Give Aaron’s Fresh Halal Medium Chicken Whole a try! We guarantee you will come back for our Quality and Freshness!
*Browse our Halal Meat Online and order now your grocery and Halal Meat for Next Day Delivery. Free Delivery and Same Day Delivery options available.
Suitable for home freezing. Ideally freeze as soon as possible after you receive your next day delivery. Not suitable for cooking from frozen. Defrost thoroughly for a minimum of 12 hours in the fridge. Once defrosted use it shortly after. Keep refrigerated.
Tray. Recycle Film. Don’t Recycle
All of the listed meats on our online shop are حلال Halal Certified.
Enjoy the unbeatable freshness of Halal meat in the UK along with the convenience of online shopping?
At eFoodsDirect we only handle halal products. Slaughtering of animals and their welfare are both of primary concern to us.
- The Holy Quran teaches that all animals should be treated with respect and well cared for
Five-spice, soy & lemon roast chicken
- thumb-sized piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 large chicken (about 1.8-2kg), untied
- 2 bunches spring onions
- 1 head garlic, halved across the middle
- 1 lemon, halved, plus 4 wedges
- 1-2 tsp golden caster sugar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil, to drizzle
- fragrant rice and steamed greens or stir-fried vegetables, to serve
- Put most of the sliced ginger into a large roasting tin, then sit the chicken on top. Stuff the chicken with remaining ginger, the green ends from one bunch of onions, half of the garlic and a lemon half. Mix the five-spice, 2 tsp oil and seasoning, then rub all over the chicken. Nestle the other half of the garlic nearby, and drizzle all with 1 tsp oil. Loosely re-tie the legs. Set aside at room temperature for half an hour or so.
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Roast the chicken for 1 hr. Toss the lemon wedges and the spring onion ends into the pan juices, then roast for 30 mins more or until the meat is cooked at the thickest part of the thigh and the lemon wedges are sticky. Lift the chicken from the pan and set aside, uncovered, to rest.
- Spoon away any excess fat from the pan, then put the pan onto a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add 1 tsp sugar, the soy, hoisin, juice from the remaining half lemon and any resting juices. Simmer for a few mins until it thickens slightly, then check the seasoning and add more sugar if needed – don’t add any extra salt as the soy and hoisin will add plenty. Serve with the chicken, rice and vegetables.
Courtesy of BBC GoodFood