Hilsha Padma (1000-1200g) Fresh Fish Available to Buy Online. Fish Bazar Online
Hilsa Fish, popularly known as Ilisha is rich in good quality fatty acids and Omega-3 that prevent coronary heart diseases in humans. Hilsa fish is one of the few fishes that ARE quite famous for its incredibly soft meat.
*Browse our Fish Market Online and order now your grocery for Free Next Day Delivery. Free Delivery and Same Day Delivery options available.
Visiting your local village Fish Bazaar
Imagine walking through the hustling fish market in a small village of Bangladesh and the noise of market stall men battering with fish lovers to drop a further penny for a whole seawater or river fish caught just moments ago.
The freshness in our frozen Hilsha Padmawhole fish is well kept in their unique way of being caught and instantly frozen to maintain all the freshness at sea. Medium sized with beautiful silver lining.
Health Benefits: Rich in Omega-3’s, Vitamins & Minerals
Packed full of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins such as D and B2 which is great for your eye health and beneficial for those suffering with dry eye issues. Omega-3 is also important for the health of one’s brain and heart.
Hilsha Padma fish we source are not farmed. The benefits of that of course are the richness of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals as compared to farmed fish which lack these beneficial nutrients; more readily available in supermarket frozen aisle.
Great source of protein for your daily diet and delicious alternative to other protein sources.
Our specialised fish cutters will meet all your cutting requirement. Please select from the cutting options tool which was designed based on over 30yrs of experience of cutting frozen whole fish in our stores. Should you require further assistance or would like to specify other cuts we are one call away to make sure we deliver your order to exactly how you prefer.
Please note images on website are for illustration purpose. We have endeavoured to taking our own photography of products that are sold on our website.
Suitable for home freezing. Ideally freeze as soon as possible after you receive your next day delivery. Not suitable for cooking from frozen. Defrost thoroughly for a minimum of 12 hours in the fridge. Once defrosted use it shortly after. Keep refrigerated.
Tray. Recycle Film. Don’t Recycle
Hilsa Fish In Mustard Sauce
- 5 pieces of hilsa fish
- 2 tbsp Mustard powder.
- 1/2 tsp Onion seeds or kalo jire or kalonji.
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil about 3 tbsp for frying the fish and the gravy.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 green chilies, slited
- First I’m gonna apply 1/2 tsp salt and turmeric powder to the fish pieces. Rub well.
- Then heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, put the fish pieces one by one. Cook on medium heat for 1 minute on each side. Don’t fry the fish steaks for a long time. We just want to remove the raw smell. So a little bit of frying would help it to do so.
- Once done, remove from the heat and keep aside.
- In the same pan, put onion seeds or kalo jire and green chilies. Make sure the pan is hot enough.
- Allow the spices to release its essential aroma.
- Now keep the flame low. I’m gonna put turmeric powder and red chili powder directly in the pan. Give a quick mix. make sure they don’t burn.
- Add mustard paste, salt and little water. Again mix.
- Put the milk. You can also put only water instead of milk. I used milk here to enhance the richness and creaminess to the dish.
- Now bring the sauce/ gravy to a good boil.
- Once the sauce is ready, put the fried fish pieces. Don’t stir the fish too much. It could be broken.
- Now cover for a minute.
- After a while, the gravy has come to the right consistency. Not so thin and not so thick like it should be.
- It’s almost ready. Put some extra green chilies on the top. Keep it covered until served to incorporate the flavor of green chilies in the gravy.
- Serve with hot steaming rice.
Courtesy of sharmilazkitchen