Hilsa Chandpuri (Pack of 3 Special Promotion) 1800g.Bangladeshi Hilsa Fish Online Fresh Fish Available to Buy Online. Fish Bazar Online
The Bangladeshi Hilsa fish has fusiform body, which is deep and laterally compressed. It has no dorsal spines, but has 18-21 dorsal soft rays and anal soft rays. The belly has 30-33 scutes.
Body of these fish is generally covered with big sized scales.
*Browse our Fish Market Online and order now your grocery for Free Next Day Delivery. Free Delivery and Same Day Delivery options available.
Bangladeshi Hilsa Fish Online
Visiting your local village Fish Bazaar
Imagine walking through the hustling fish market in a small village of Bangladesh and the noise of market stall men battering with fish lovers to drop a further penny for a whole seawater or river fish caught just moments ago.
Health Benefits: Rich in Omega-3’s, Vitamins & Minerals Bangladeshi Hilsa Fish Online
Packed full of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins such as D and B2 which is great for your eye health and beneficial for those suffering with dry eye issues. Omega-3 is also important for the health of one’s brain and heart.
Hilsa Chandpuri fish we source are not farmed. The benefits of that of course are the richness of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals as compared to farmed fish which lack these beneficial nutrients; more readily available in supermarket frozen aisle.
Great source of protein for your daily diet and delicious alternative to other protein sources.
Our specialised fish cutters will meet all your cutting requirement. Please select from the cutting options tool which was designed based on over 30yrs of experience of cutting frozen whole fish in our stores. Should you require further assistance or would like to specify other cuts we are one call away to make sure we deliver your order to exactly how you prefer.
Please note images on website are for illustration purpose. We have endeavoured to taking our own photography of products that are sold on our website.
Suitable for home freezing. Ideally freeze as soon as possible after you receive your next day delivery. Not suitable for cooking from frozen. Defrost thoroughly for a minimum of 12 hours in the fridge. Once defrosted use it shortly after. Keep refrigerated.
Tray. Recycle Film. Don’t Recycle
Ayer Fish Curry
- 5 pieces of hilsa fish
- 2 tbsp Mustard powder.
- 1/2 tsp Onion seeds or kalo jire or kalonji.
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil about 3 tbsp for frying the fish and the gravy.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 green chilies, slited
- First I’m gonna apply 1/2 tsp salt and turmeric powder to the fish pieces. Rub well.
- Then heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, put the fish pieces one by one. Cook on medium heat for 1 minute each side. Don’t fry the fish steaks for long time. We just want to remove the raw smell. So little bit of frying would help it to do so.
- Once done, remove from the heat and keep aside.
- In the same pan, put onion seeds or kalo jire and green chilies. Make sure the pan is hot enough.
- Allow the spices to release its essential aroma.
- Now keep the flame low. I’m gonna put turmeric powder and red chili powder directly in the pan. Give a quick mix. make sure they don’t burn.
- Add mustard paste, salt and little water. Again mix.
- Put the milk. You can also put only water instead of milk. I used milk here to enhance richness and creaminess to the dish.
- Now bring the sauce/ gravy to a good boil.
- Once the sauce is ready, put the fried fish pieces. Don’t stir the fishes too much. It could be broken.
- Now cover for a minute.
- After a while, the gravy has come to a right consistency. Not so thin and not so thick like it should be.
- It’s almost ready. Put some extra green chilies on the top. Keep it covered until served to incorporate the flavor of green chilies in the gravy.
- Serve with hot steaming rice.
Courtesy of sharmila